Out of This World Literacy : My New Year's Resolutions
menu   home About Me Freebies Products Workshops  

My New Year's Resolutions

I have all kinds of goals swirling around in my head for 2013 that I know will likely fade away unless I write them down.  And what better place to write them than on my blog!?  I'm hoping to achieve every last one of them so here goes:

Personal goals:
1. To spend more time with God each day.  I know when I begin my days with just a few minutes of prayer and reading that I have such a better outlook on life.  I want to start each day that way!

2. To grow a garden and learn how to pickle veggies.  My father-in-law is an excellent gardener and eager to teach my husband and me.

3. To spend more time with my own kids.  In 2013, Sophie will be 14, Malaya will be 12, and Greyson will be 10.  Sophie will be starting high school in the fall and I'm freaking out!  Only four more years and I will send her off to college.  I want to get in as much bonding time as possible!

Professional goals:
1. To continue developing my understanding of best practice in reading, writing, and language word study.  I am just finishing a two-year training as a Literacy Collaborative Coordinator at Lesley University in Boston.  I want to read lots of professional resources so that I don't slip behind the latest and greatest in literacy instruction!

2. To continue uploading resources for teachers on my blog.  I want to continue videotaping my class and post a blog at least once a week.

3. To develop more and more units of study for both the reading and writing workshops.  I have so many ideas and so little time.  I want to take the best ideas and develop them into amazing resources for teachers and students.

So that's it...for now:)  Best of luck to all my blogging friends in maintaining your own 2013 resolutions.  Happy New Year!!

Jen






9 comments:

  1. I am your news follower and have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Hop on over to my blog for the details. If you have already been nominated just let me know. I will totally understand!


    Christina :)
    Check out my blog!
    Apples, Books, and Crayons
    applesbooksandcrayons@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina! I hopped over to your blog and am now your newest follower too:) Thank you for nominating me but I am going to pass on going through the process. Happy New Year!

      Jen

      Delete
  2. Hey Jen! I email you about Stephany's bloghop (at primary possibilities)
    I'm not sure if it went through, but I'm your guest blogger... I wanted to make sure there wasn't a particular subject you wanted? Otherwise I'll be emailing you my post either later tonight or probably tomorrow.
    Send me an email and let me know!

    Michele
    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele,

      I don't think I got your email so I'm glad you left me a message here:) This is my first time participating in a guest blogger bloghop so I'm trying to learn how it all works. So you will blog about a literacy topic and I post it on my blog correct? Is there anything else I need to do? Sorry these are such silly questions but I'm totally new at this! Thanks for understanding:)

      Jen

      Delete
    2. Hey Jen, Yep I think that's it.
      I want to make sure I have the right email address for you before I send you my post.
      I wrote about teaching nonficiton in my classroom.
      Send me an email so I know the email address is right, then we should be all set. I think the girls were going to set up the linky to go through tomorrow and posting should go up for Saturday.

      coffeecupsandlessonplans@gmail.com

      Michele
      Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

      Delete
  3. Hey Jen...I was wrong...I had NOT followed you yet! Well...that has changed! So excited for our new adventure!


    Meg
    Www.fourthgradestudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen! I am so glad to be collaborating with you! I am looking forward to this new journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jen!! I am your newest follower :) So glad you found me over at 3-6 Free Resources!! :) My blog is: http://lovetoteach123.blogspot.com so you will have to check that out to... wonderful goals. Let me know if you ever need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals! I know what you mean about getting in that precious bonding time! My oldest is 20, my 2nd oldest just turned 18 and is graduating this spring, and my 3rd will be 17 in May - time goes by so fast! My youngest three are all under 12 and I am reveling in the time that I have with them.

    ReplyDelete