I have all kinds of goals swirling around in my head for 2013 that I know will likely fade away unless I write them down. And what better place to write them than on my blog!? I'm hoping to achieve every last one of them so here goes:
1. To spend more time with God each day. I know when I begin my days with just a few minutes of prayer and reading that I have such a better outlook on life. I want to start each day that way!
2. To grow a garden and learn how to pickle veggies. My father-in-law is an excellent gardener and eager to teach my husband and me.
3. To spend more time with my own kids. In 2013, Sophie will be 14, Malaya will be 12, and Greyson will be 10. Sophie will be starting high school in the fall and I'm freaking out! Only four more years and I will send her off to college. I want to get in as much bonding time as possible!
1. To continue developing my understanding of best practice in reading, writing, and language word study. I am just finishing a two-year training as a Literacy Collaborative Coordinator at Lesley University in Boston. I want to read lots of professional resources so that I don't slip behind the latest and greatest in literacy instruction!
2. To continue uploading resources for teachers on my blog. I want to continue videotaping my class and post a blog at least once a week.
3. To develop more and more units of study for both the reading and writing workshops. I have so many ideas and so little time. I want to take the best ideas and develop them into amazing resources for teachers and students.
So that's it...for now:) Best of luck to all my blogging friends in maintaining your own 2013 resolutions. Happy New Year!!