Out of This World Literacy : Guided Reading...Let Me Know What You Think!
menu   home About Me Freebies Products Workshops  

Guided Reading...Let Me Know What You Think!

Hello Friends,

I am enjoying some down time after working 6 hours this afternoon to complete my second guided reading set.  Phew...these resources are a massive undertaking, but I feel like they will be a great help for teachers.  My plan is to complete one guided reading level every two weeks.  I will be working my way up the scale, starting with level M.  Once I complete M, N, O, and P, I will be bundling them into one resource for third grade teachers.  Then I will continue through the levels up to grade six. 

I spend about 3-4 hours researching the objectives that are chosen and instructional targets in each level.  I analyze the Common Core State Standards, The Continuum of Literacy Learning, and text features specific to each level.  From these resources, I create the objectives. 

I would love some feedback from teachers on whether these resources are something that will be helpful in the classroom!  Click on the pictures below and download the free preview on my Teachers pay Teachers page and let me know what you think!




11 comments:

  1. Your previews look absolutely wonderful! I love all the graphic organizers that are provided. Do the unit also provided with a sample book list that can be used?

    I teach 2nd grade so I would definitely use these particular packs with my students who need a higher challenge. Do you plan on creating these for the lower levels as well? I would definitely be able to use levels I - L as well.

    Great work!

    Christina :)
    Apples, Books, and Crayons
    applesbooksandcrayons@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. augh.. I hate that there is no edit feature..
      (Third line should read: Do the units also provide...)

      Christina :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Christina! I love the way you think...I am planning to combine levels M-P with a bonus in the bundle. And the bonus is going to be a suggested book list of fiction/nonfiction texts for each level! I'm so glad to hear that would be useful. And yes, I will be doing lower levels as well. They won't be completed until the summer though:( Each unit takes about 35 hours so my goal is to complete one every two weeks. They'll be all ready for the next school year!!

      Best wishes!
      Jen

      Delete
  2. These are wonderful!! I am a 4th grade teacher but since we have students on all levels, I can still benefit from these. I WILL be purchasing after payday!! Great stuff!!!! :)
    Jessica
    ideas by jivey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! That is so great to hear:) I will be working my way up through the levels. Watch for a new level about every two weeks!

      Best wishes,
      Jen

      Delete
  3. Are these valuable???? Seriously?? You have taken info from some very important resources and made 1 extremely teacher friendly resource. Thank you so much. I love your work. I have put the M in my wishlist- I am going to need M and up so I better save my pennies and hope for another TPT sale soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The N is finished and level N should be posted very soon. There is a big one day sale this Sunday (Feb. 3) where you can pick them up for 28% off! I have also decided to offer each level 20% off the first 48 hours after they post. So, if you are following me on TpT you can see when they are completed and snatch them all up on sale:) Thank you again for your support!
      Jen

      Delete
  4. Jen,

    You know I love these! I think it's such a great idea and will be a great resource for teachers. If this resource makes guided reading happen/makes it better in classrooms, then think of the impact you are having on student learning!!! You must be just working away since our trip! :) Miss you!

    Kasey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kasey! I love having your support in this TpT journey. I can't wait to see you in March and hear all about your trip with Irene!!!

      Delete