Out of This World Literacy : Our Family is Adopting!
menu   home About Me Freebies Products Workshops  

Our Family is Adopting!

Hello hello hello teacher friends!!

So I have been extremely busy these last 10 months because I have been preparing to adopt our new son from Uganda!

The road has been long and exhausting.  But every time I think it gets too hard, I remind myself of the happy ending that is soon to come!  And I remind myself that I have been working on this for 10 months, but my son has been waiting for a mom for 7 years!

Because of my adoption agency's policies, I am unable to share any specifics about the process or about our son until we are back home safe in the states.  I will say that he has this picture of our family and he is so, so, so excited to have a mom and dad!



But, I can say that very soon the five of us will be boarding a flight to Uganda!!  My husband will stay for about 10 days.  My children and I will stay for as long as it takes for us all to be able to fly back home.  I have been told this will be at least 2 months, but likely longer.

We are so fortunate that we are able to stay this entire time.  I am going to be homeschooling our children.  And because I work solely on the internet, I can work from Uganda!  The kids are very excited about working in the orphanage and learning about their brother's culture.

As you can imagine, the cost to fly 5 people to Uganda, stay in country for several months, and then fly 6 people back is not cheap.  And the cost along the way has been high as well.  We are nowhere near wealthy, but we just keep pushing our way through the process.  We refuse to use the excuse, 'We can't adopt because we can't afford it.' And for the past 10 months, God has made a way to pay every bill that has come our way!!!  It truly is incredible!!  He is so much bigger than our bank account! :)

Back to School Adoption Fundraiser Bundle!!

So enough blabbing from  me.  I am writing this post to share an amazing back to school adoption fundraiser bundle some of my friends have helped me put together.

You can save 50% off all these resources and help support our family's adoption by purchasing this bundle!

But, hurry, because the bundle is only available through September 30th.


To see the bundle, click on the image below!




It includes 20 back to school and fall resources ranging from grades 1-8.



How Else You Can Help:

We have been so blessed to have to many family, friends, and people we don't even know offer to help support our family's adoption journey!  

If you would like to help, you can make a donation by clicking on the donation button to the right of this page.  All the donations will go straight to bringing our son safely home.  


Even a $5 donation would help so much!!
 



Adoption Coffee!!

If you are like me and kind of obsessed with coffee, you will want to click on the image below to check out this amazing website.  The creators offer coffee from around the world, and help support adopting families!!


I have bought so many of the amazing coffees offered, but here are two of my favorites!!! 





Thank you all so much for your kind words and loving donations!  We are overwhelmed by the support we continue to receive.  Our family is forever changed in so many great ways.  We can NOT wait to share our entire story with y'all one day!!!


Lots of Love,
Jen Bengel and Family 


19 comments:

  1. So excited for you and your family!! Good luck and let me know if there is anything more I can do!!

    Aloha,
    Corinna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Corinna!! You are so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God will find a way! So excited to see how He reveals His plan to you guys!
    xoxo,
    Vicky
    Teaching and Much Moore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vicky! Your support for our family means so much to us!!!

      Delete
  4. I love you all so much! I can't wait for you all to get your little man home, and Aunt Heather can come and visit him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love you all too!!! Can't wait for a LeBlanc family visit! Beach time!!! :)

      Delete
  5. Your new son is so lucky to have such a loving family!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you Naomi! We are so excited to get him home!! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Jen, my sister is Deb Hanson (TpT seller and blogger of Crafting Connections), and she passed along your incredible story to me. I just want to say I am so moved - and inspired - by the generous, loving spirit of you and your family! Best wishes and safe travels to you! I am not a teacher and I have no children, so the bundle is of no use you me (it looks fabulous, though!), but I wanted to support this wonderful cause, so I made a PayPal donation. You will be in my prayers as well!

    -Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn,

      Thank you so much for your kind words and your donation to our family. It means so much to us. And we especially love your prayers. We are going to need tons of those in the next few months for sure!! I'm so glad our story has touched your heart. We really believe that everyone has a story to tell and we are meant to share with each other.

      Thank you again for blessing our family with your sweet words, donation, and prayers!!!
      Love,
      Jen

      Delete
  7. Love !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Katie! I loved meeting you last week. You are too sweet!!!!!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! I really think our son is going to bless our family more than we could bless him. He is precious!! :)

      Delete
  9. Your story touched my heart. My store is relatively new, and we hope this is our family's story someday! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet Cori!! You can do it!! I really believe that if you have a heart for adoption, then you can make it happen. God will provide a path to push all the other obstacles aside. It's hard work, but so well worth it. Thank you for your sweet message!! :)

      Delete
  10. I just want to say good luck to you and your family! God works in mysterious ways. Everything happens for a reason. I have learned that in my own life, and it seems like you have too. I hope your family enjoys the new edition to the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen, I came to your site to look for an email address to ask you a question. However, I was was quickly distracted by this incredible news! I feel as if I was blessed to have come across your work at the beginning of my first year teaching (2013-14). I don't know how I would have ever gotten through the past year without your products! With all that you do for the world of teaching, you deserve this wonder gift!

    Best wishes and safe travels to your entire family!
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Samantha! You are too sweet! I can't tell you how much it means to me to hear that my products have helped you and your students!! That is why I do what I do...thank you!! I am so happy for you finishing your very first year of teaching...wahoo! It gets better and better every year :)

      Lots of love,
      Jen

      Delete