Out of This World Literacy : Day One: 6 Reasons Traditional Spelling Does Not Work
menu   home About Me Freebies Products Workshops  

Day One: 6 Reasons Traditional Spelling Does Not Work

HELLO FRIENDS!





Have you ever asked yourself why you are giving the same 20 spelling words to every student in your class when you know they all have different spelling abilities?




WATCH MY LIVE VIDEO ABOUT THE SIX REASONS TRADITIONAL SPELLING DOES NOT WORK.  




6 Reasons Traditional Spelling does NOT Work https://outofthisworldliteracy.leadpages.co/spelling-webinar/
Posted by Out of This World Literacy on Thursday, June 2, 2016









3 comments:

  1. I completely agree - I eliminated spelling as a subject from my fourth grade classroom last year & still taught those standards through writing. I am moving to second grade this year, however, and I am unsure about how to still cover those standards. What alternative methods do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there,

      I recommend that you teach a spelling/word study skill on Monday and incorporate that skill throughout the week into your reading and writing workshops. You can see how I do that step-by-step in the free webinar I'm hosting all about spelling June 4 or June 9. Here is the sign-up link: https://outofthisworldliteracy.leadpages.co/spelling-webinar/ I hope that helps!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jen!
    My biggest question/concern is how to use Words Their Way with your spelling ideas.I get super stressed using words Their Way but our district has really invested into this spelling series. Thanks! I love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete